Monday, July 14, 2008

Daily Inspiration - July 14th


"Sometimes you fall, spinning through space, grasping for the things that keep you on this earth. Sometimes you catch them. They can be the hands of the people you love. They can be your pets- pups with funny names, cats with ferocious old souls. The thing that keeps you here can be your art. It can be things you have collected and invested with a certain sense of meaning. A flowered, buckled treasure chest of secrets. Shoes that make you taller and, therefore, closer to the heavens. A suit that belonged to your fairy godmother. A dress that makes you feel a little like the Goddess herself.

Sometimes you keep falling; you don't catch anything.

Sometimes you fall, spinning through space, grasping for the things that keep you here. Sometimes you catch them. Sometimes you don't.

Sometimes they catch you."

- Necklace of Kisses by Francesca Lia Block 

Always,
Penelope ♥

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have won some awards over at me blog www.ashleylorelle.blogspot.com !

Thank you for always being so inspiring!

frani_bee said...

I love all Weetzie Bat books! I only discovered them about a month ago but they're now my all time favourite books.
Is Bat your real last name or is it borrowed from Weetzie? It's cool either way.
Anyway, I ♥ your blog, you always write things that make me smile.
x

Anonymous said...

My name is as real as it gets! I'm so glad you enjoy Cocoa and thanks so much for the comment!

Always,
Penelope ♥