Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Cocoa Book Club Call For Bibliophiles

Photo by Jinna

Good morning, bunnies! We interrupt your regularly scheduled program for a bit of an announcement! After careful consideration, I've decided to start a new little segment here on Cocoa called the Cocoa Book Club - and I need your help! 

Basically, every month a different reader or blogger or other mysterious guest will pick a book for the club and write up a guest article on it, introducing it in all it's fabulousness to the world. While no one has to run out and buy the book right away, reading it the exact month that it's posted - you will not be tested on it afterwards! - the idea is that this will be a great place to share fantastic books that readers think others absolutely have to read.

So here's where you come in - because I'd like this to be completely reader-driven, I need volunteers to pick books for the upcoming months and write mini-articles on them! There's no criteria to fill or paperwork to fill out, you simply need to enjoy reading and want to share your hidden gems with the world. So, if you'd like to volunteer to be a super secret book clubber for any of the following months, please comment with your e-mail address or shoot me an e-mail yourself! (And if you're a blogger, please also include a link to your blog!) I'll get back to you as soon as possible with more information and we'll set up a date for you to post.

Eep! I can't wait to hear from you, lovelies! Ready? Set? Get readin'!

Always,
Penelope ♥

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Oh I want to volunteer.
I LOVE BOOKS
and I just went to the library.
I'm so excited!!!
^-^

Olivia said...

this sounds exciting! :)

Anonymous said...

This sounds great. I always thought book clubs sounded like so much fun, but I never got to join one!

Leeann said...

I love this idea! Looking forward to the posts.

My Stifled Laughter said...

I love this idea! I'd like to do one of the mini-articles sometime. My e-mail address is lechaton32@sbcglobal.net . :)

Jennifer B said...

What a wonderful idea! I'd love to be part of it!

Anonymous said...

I will participate. I'll take the backstage this time around, because I'd like to see what the format would be. But I really really LOVE this idea

Kayla Ice said...

Yeehoo! Sounds brilliant, as usual! I am excited and would love to participate!